December 28, 2007

A quick knit and I’m “dashing” to the new year

Desperately needing a break from oven mitts and socks - I finished a pair of log cabin socks for Alice on xmas eve, wrapped them up and popped them under the tree- and she guessed what they were right away. Well anyway, craving a change of pace, Alice suggested I make something I’ve never made before. Brilliant! Inspired by the Yarn Harlot, I started Dashing last night. I really don’t know what to call these. Fingerless mittens? Topless gloves? In any case they’ve been frightfully easy to knit up so far. All this progress while watching The Office.


Dashing, originally uploaded by alicethelma.


I’m using size US4 needles instead of the size US7 which are called for in the pattern and the lovely yarn is Knit Picks Swish DK in Terra Cotta.

Stay tuned, dear Readers. The Oven Mitt pattern is coming!

No comments: