February 26, 2008

Mississippi


Laughing Planet, originally uploaded by alicethelma.

Alice and I checked out the trendy Mississippi Avenue on Saturday. I haven't been there in years and I must say it's really been built up and gentrified as they say. We had a great time nonetheless indulging in our favorite pastime of going out to lunch. Alice is pictured here at the Laughing Planet just before we decided to sit outside and enjoy the February heat wave.

In knitting news, I finished the Hemlock Ring Blanket – over two weeks ago actually.




It took time to block...




...and it's not an easy item to photograph. My hats off to BT for capturing the blanket's true magnificence with his awesome photography.

In the final stretch to finish the February socks, of course I got distracted by a project I saw on Yarn Harlot's website. I already had the yarn so I cast on and I was off and running. Haste makes waste as they say and after a few mistakes I pulled it off the needles and it's a good thing too! I now see that it's much too small and I need to cast on for the bigger (large) size. I also intend to make it longer which suits me. No matter, it knits up really fast on the big needles and once Adrienne (at Close Knit) helped me with the "wrap 3" stitch, I had the pattern memorized. I am resolved to begin again once I have the socks complete by the end of the week.

In addition I have my "mindless" project of the Shetland Triangle to keep me happily occupied. It always elicits "oohs" and "ahs" from passers by. I leave you now with a parting quote from the ReBuilding Center on Mississippi Avenue which could be applied to knitting I suppose…


No comments: