August 16, 2008

a.t. and the bf


a.t. and bf, originally uploaded by alicethelma.

Yesterday was the annual summer opera in the park at washington park in portland (which may be better known as the rose garden) and it also happened to be the hottest day of the year so far with estimates of the heat ranging from 100 to 103 degrees. It actually turned out to be a bit cooler at this venue making for an enjoyable performance of Lucia de Lammermoor (even tho I know squat about this opera). I dragged along alice and her bf (aka the son-in-law) who spent most of the evening dodging me. That's fine. I'm sure I didn't want to hang with my parents at that age although it's so long ago that I barely remember. :-)

This evening I'm going to treat myself to a nice air conditioned movie. Vicky Cristina Barcelona is actually playing in vantucky. Can you believe it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

son-in-law. psh... you are such a wierdo!

love, AT