October 6, 2008

progress not perfection


grün ist die Hoffnung, originally uploaded by alicethelma.

For those of you who are not following this sock's progress on Ravelry (and that might mean most of you), here's a quick update before the sock goes on hiatus:

Ok I have now switched to magic loop after finishing the lace-motif-to-sole join and I’m ready to knit the heel (1.5 rows of knit just past this join). The sock is plenty big but I have to confess that I’m not super-duper happy with the results - please don’t look too close. Not sure if I’ll knit the second one, even if I have promised the pair to Marlene.

The whole short row toe and joining of motif to sole is really choppy - you can’t really tell from the photo because I’ve cleverly hidden all the ugly stitches. But right where my bunion is…well that whole intersection is not very pretty.



And I have to confess, for as long as I’ve been knitting…um …well I didn’t do a gauge swatch and I can’t really tell you what it is…maybe 8 stitches to the inch (I’ll go measure exactly and get back to you). I just had the yarn and I had the 0 dpns so I cast it on. Now I’m down to 3 needles, two have disappeared.

Also, I got sidetracked on a new sock project which I’ll post shortly.

No comments: