November 3, 2008

happy blog-iversary to me

Yep. It was one year ago today that I started this blog and I have to admit that it’s been a source of quiet enjoyment for me. I send the blogs out into cyperspace not knowing exactly where they will land, hoping for some hits and counting on some from my nearest and dearest. It’s all good.

So what to blog about on this occasion?

Between crawling into the Portland night photographing bridges and other sites, constantly knitting, worrying about the election and obsessively checking my flickr stats, I rarely make time to read anymore. I love reading, don’t get me wrong, just don’t seem to have make time for it lately. Based on recommendation from Katrina at my knitting group I checked out Confessions of a Knitting Heretic by Annie Modesitt and


as a result of reading this book I have made a HUGE discovery about my knitting and myself. It turns out that I’m a COMBINATION knitter when all this time, since 1980, since I began knitting, I thought I was a continental knitter (or “picker” as some call it).

Who knew? I had no idea. It’s truly a REVELATION. I mean I’m as shocked as you are.

I guess a clue came last year when someone told me that I was purling “wrong” when really I was doing the Norwgian or “lazy” purl as modesitt illustrates in her book.

It's a lot faster anyway and I'm all about the speed. 

Maybe you can’t teach an old dog new tricks but she can certainly discover something new about herself.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy BLOG iversary!

Let's make it a light supper on Tuesday night.

Anonymous said...

happy blog-iversary! maybe i will be so bold one day to start my blog - the karen sandwich blog!
love ya sis
karen

Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary, my friend!!! Hugs'!
kimberly www.thegivingflower.de

Anonymous said...

Happy blogivesary indeed! And I love your revelation. We all needs those.

xxoo