January 7, 2009

A quick hat to knit for these gray winter days

an unoriginal hat designed by the yarn harlot
an unoriginal hat, originally uploaded by alicethelma.

People who follow this blog regularly are familiar with my fondness for the color gray. Or is it grey? I suppose it depends on what country you live in.

I do indeed like gray but even more so when punctuated by a brightly colored (coloured?) accessory. And yellow is my most recent bright color of choice.

The hat modeled is the unoriginal hat pattern designed by the yarn harlot, which I knit up on 10.5US needles with Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick&Quick. The hat has a lovely sculptural quality and though quite dense, it's very comfortable.

an unoriginal hat by the yarn harlot

What can I say about this hat that hasn’t already been said? With only 56 stitches and 36 rows it knits up in a breeze. Don't be frightened by the cables. As a matter of fact, this is my first official FO for 2009. Have you finished anything yet? Do tell.

3 comments:

Nan said...

Great hat! And the color is just what is needed for our gray days.

I finished a pair of socks on Monday, but they were started the week after Christmas.

Anonymous said...

oooh what a great hat! I was just about to start a couple hats... since the moths ate my shawl wool. :(

I'll give this one a try! Thanks!

Zonda said...

Ohh...love the colorway! My Unoriginal hat is too small...grrr.. Nothing better than knitting with T & Q! I've got some wristwarmers and a scarf done so far :)