November 12, 2007

Alice is such a good sport.


alice_cobblestoneNew.jpg, originally uploaded by alicethelma.

I finished the Cobblestone sweater and I'm so excited. It turned out wonderful...better than expected for my first sweater in 10 years. To bring you all up to speed, the sweater was designed by Jared Flood aka brooklyntweed and was featured in the Fall 2007 issue of Interweave Knits. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. I used Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Amber Heather which is fabulous wool and I would knit it up all over again in a heart beat.

The sweater was begun on September 12, 2007 and finished on October 31, 2007. Why the delay? you ask. First of all I had to block the sweater, secondly snap the photos and third..well I've been mucking around getting this blog off the ground. Oh and pardon the dust as they say. The look and feel of this blog is still very much a work in progress

I've been relentless asking my nearest and dearest to pose in the sweater before I give it to its intended which is my son Max. We've all been having a blast exploring the local parks of Vancouver and Portland while immersing ourselves in glorious fall colors and enjoying the brisk, but dry autumn days. As you will see, the results are terrific, combining all the things (and people) I love most.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yea! we love our Alice - from her crazy california aunties K and L
we will be fighting over this hand-me-down sweater!