December 11, 2007

Happy Holly Daze


Red Hat Tree Ornament, originally uploaded by alicethelma.

A few months ago I took a toe-up sock class from Chrissy Gardner and this lovely little socklet is the result. Not my first attempt at short row heel but I’m still not satisfied...still don’t feel that I’ve got it right. Almost a year ago, when I first quit smoking, I went through a sock knitting craze and now they hang all over the tree. My anniversary is tomorrow. I can’t believe I’ve gone a whole year without smoking. [A pause while I give myself a pat on the back].

Here is Alice’s favorite sock hanging near the pink ball ornament she picked out last year. The pattern for the conventional top down, gusset heel socklet can be found in the Holiday 2006 issue of Interweave Knits.




I like this sock. The mirror ball Xmas tree ornament hanging in the distance was purchased at the dollar store - TWO for a dollar.



After I painstakingly set up the tree the other night, Alice lit the menorah and it was truly a sight to behold. *sigh*

Warning: This is an experiment with strike through.

No comments: