May 20, 2008

back to square one


back to square one, originally uploaded by alicethelma.

Well the heatwave is over folks. It actually rained this morning – hard! The good news is that the chillier weather brings with it cooler temps and inspires me to finish projects and continue long forgotten ones such as the mitered square blanket you see pictured above. This afternoon I finished a sleeve on the Must-Have-Cardigan and predict I’ll have the other one finished before bedtime. That leaves the fronts to knit…I’m resisting the urge to start any new projects. I'm practicing a little project monogamy right now.

Enjoyed a lovely chili-cook-off-croquet party at Kimbyl and Marilyn's place last Sunday. Cindy who was knitting away in that great big chair reminded me of Lily Tomlin from "Laugh-In". Old people like me will understand. I heard a quote on the radio recently by Lily Tomlin (who will be in PDX next month by the way): "For fast acting relief, slow down".

No comments: