May 27, 2008

max and "ken"


max and ken, originally uploaded by alicethelma.

Max had requested handknit gloves from me and since he is moving to Indiana, and he's probably going to need them this winter, I decided to get started on a pair. Inspired once again by BT who referred to the free pattern Ken, I cast on without a second thought. These babies are going fast! Knit on size 7 dpns in KP Swish Superwash, I'm already on finger four. I'll have one glove finished before Max flies off on Sunday and that will give me a template for knitting the second one. It's been 15 years since I knitted a pair of gloves and I'd forgotten how simple and straightforward they actually are.

Speaking of Swish Superwash, I finished the Cable Cushion and I'm also sending that off with Max as a housewarming gift. I hope I'm not overloading him and that they'll allow him on the plane without charging him extra. The gray yarn certainly matches the gray daze we've been experiencing lately. I'm sure the sun will come out...tomorrow.


No comments: