November 11, 2008

back to our regularly scheduled programming

knitting t-shirts
epic yarn, originally uploaded by alicethelma.

Some of you may have thought that I’d given up knitting altogether and honestly I have been quite busy lately starting my new blog and running around town capturing Portland at night. No, I haven’t stopped knitting. In fact I’ve been knitting a LOT but mostly in stealth mode. Yes, dear reader, it’s that time of year when I’m busy knitting holiday gifts and some of the recipients are regular readers of this blog. Shhhhhhhhh.

Outside of the super secret knitting, I’ve been making a lot of hats. It seems that my interest in socks is finally waning and I’m on a hat knitting high. A few weeks ago I lost my favorite hat – my dearly beloved hat. I must have had a black out or something because one moment the hat was on my head and the next, it was gone forever.

Which brings me to the epic hat:

knitting t-shirts

The Noro Hat is very similar to the beloved hat I lost but in lieu of the called for yarn, Noro Kureyon, I used a super soft, super warm acrylic/alpaca blend that someone gave me and I’ve re-christened it the Epic Hat. Epic because it took two and half, almost three balls, of the yarn. Seriously, I didn’t think this hat was ever going to end. But end it did, and it’s wonderful.

knitting t-shirts

On Alice, it reminds me of wood sprite or gnome. It definitely speaks to the German ancestry in me. tee hee.

knitting t-shirts

I originally saw the hat on flickr and it was this photo that inspired me to cast on.

I also finished an Asymmetrical Cable Hat and I’ll blog about that one when I get some good photos. Foliage too. The days are soggy and gray and wet but it makes for great knitting and blogging weather.

2 comments:

Nan said...

I love the color of that yarn. And the hat is knitting up very nicely.

Zlist said...

Cute hat!!