November 18, 2008

fall foliage

knitting t-shirts
red foliage times four, originally uploaded by alicethelma.

Lately I haven’t had much time for knitting or blogging. I’ve been too busy running around Portland, shooting night shots and tending to my new blog. The weather’s been great and I really must take advantage of these dry days before the rain settles in for the next six months.

I finished the foliage hat about a month ago. Really quick, really fun little knit. I know, I know I say that and people get annoyed with me. But try it anyway. You’ll see how fun it is. The pattern is free on knitty.

My friend Patsy was a good sport modeling the hat for me and I snapped the red leaves before they were all blown off during a windy storm last week. I don't usually block hats so yes, it is a little lumpy. Nevertheless I'm very happy with it.

I’m still knitting gifts so I can’t show too many FOs at this point. Oh and I’m off to California next week so my next post will be from the sunny Bay Area.

[PS: Just noticed that this is my 100th post which caught me by surprise. I've always strived to update this blog at least once per week but it seems that I was doing a little better than that.]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! The hat and the foliage!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful hat - actually, just the way she's wearing it reminded me of Ladd's Addition neighborhood in Portland. Leave it to me to see the obscure...

Johanna said...

Oh I like what you've done there. Especially the leaves at the bottom left correspond so well to the hat!

kj said...

Okay, the foliage/knitting combos are just AWESOME!