December 11, 2008

How do I get my sock knitting mojo back?


psycho socks progress, originally uploaded by alicethelma.

A couple of months ago, I was going gangbusters on socks with a personal goal of knitting one pair per month during 20008. Well I met that goal back in September but since then…well it seems that I have lost the lust for socks. Sock knitting that is.

According to my Ravelry project notes, I started the pair above on October 5 but they are sadly languishing on the needles while I decide on a heel. The socks are for Alice and she picked out the psychedelic color way (hence the name – "psycho socks"). Although they are rather plain and devoid of any stitch pattern, these were (are) to be my ultimate technique socks. I wanted to be able to knit two socks at simultaneously, from the toe up on magic loop. Now the question is heel flap or short row heel? A garter stitch short row heel was suggested to me last night at knitting night.

What do you think? What type of heel should I knit? How do I get my mojo back – just enough to finish this pair? Your suggestions are welcome.

1 comment:

loloen said...

Ribbed heel flap. Those are so comfy. Good luck with whatever you decide!