June 2, 2008

farewell


farewell Max, originally uploaded by alicethelma.

Max took off for Indianapolis yesterday but I managed to finish one of the "ken" gloves before he left. I miss him already! I should have the other glove finished before the winter snows come - it's only just the start of June after all.

Overcome with a bad case of startitis, I cast on the clapotis. I envied the clapotis scarf the Emily was making at knit night. I suddenly remembered that I had a stash of wool brought to me from Germany by my brother-in-law last Fall and intended to become a Kauni Cardigan. Not so sorry to say that it's been re-purposed for scarf and shawl making. It's called "Ruby Silk" and it's blend of silk and other fibers. I don't normally go for rainbow colors but at least the color changes keep me interested. See for yourself.

No comments: