August 3, 2008

it's august and I have a bad case of startitis


union square shawl/poncho, originally uploaded by alicethelma.

I have been eyeing this poncho pattern for a long time and at the same time I’ve needed a good mindless knitting project. Something that I can have in my hands when I’m watching TV or waiting in line and that will take a good long time to complete. Something that I can pick up a year from now or tomorrow, as the need arises. Well this poncho requires 54 inches – almost 5 feet – of knitted fabric so it’s a great long-term project for me. Oh and don’t worry about the cost. I have resolved to buy the yarn one 40% coupon at a time (dye lot be hanged). It’s Paton’s Classic Wool Merino wool in dark grey mix and it’s dreamy. The pattern comes from Melanie Falick’s Weekend Knitting.

My august case of startitis doesn’t end with this project. I think…I’m going…to start…a…sweater! Soon.

No comments: